The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server having probs?

Go down 
+2
Rashanka
kyre
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kyre

kyre

Server having probs? Empty
PostSubject: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Server seems to be up and down quite a bit over the last couple of days
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 am

Treewalker has some RL issues at the moment (not the least of which is renovating the room her computer is in) that probably won't be cleared up for another week or so.

Thank you all for your patience and hopefully we'll be back on stable ground soon.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:12 am

Sorry folks, I've been entertaining company for the last couple of days. *sighs* And will be for the next two weeks. Which means unfortunately that on occasion I have to keep sticky fingers away from my computers. I apologize ahead of time if any weirdness occurs. I'll try to fix them as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Okay. I haven't actually been in the server, but I get it that there has been the same recurring problem with transitioning, NPCs magic ect that was occuring before. WEIRD. especially since this time, I've changed NOTHING in the module itself. I haven't had time to. Of course I did change the physical location of my computer. Hahaha. perhaps it isn't position correctly under the sun? Only the gods know at this point. *laughs* perhaps we need some sort of sacrifical ritual in order to appease them?
Seriously, this is sounding more and more like some sort of memory or processing problem. Since nothing else on my computer seems to be effected, I'll start with the damn network adapter for my wireless router. Its probably going to be something incredibly stupid. *sighs* Will keep you updated. Unfortunately, I am at work at the moment and cannot reset the Server until 8am PST time.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Well, if all else fails dear, try killing a chicken over it at dawn. Suspect
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 am

Server's been down for a bit...still having probs?
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:13 am

Just finished installing a new "N" network adapter and somehow managed to lose some of my network add-ons. Trying to reinstall them. Will hopefully be up in about an hour.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Erm..is the server up? or is it just me who cant see it at all,not in favs ,history or the server list Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 pm

You're not Robinson Crusoe dear.

I have a feeling Tree's new network adapter might not be all that adaptable.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 pm

My suggestion...hit it with a hammer!!
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Ah! Percussive Maintenance.

I'm sure Tree's considered this much maligned yet often employed (with varying degrees of success) method of cyber-persuasion.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:57 pm

A simple solution for a simple man Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 am

lol I've had the server up all day? Is it seeable?
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Not to me Sad Sad cant see it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 pm

rips hair out by the roots* I HATE hardware stuff! Good grief, I once again cannot get the darn server seen thru gamespy!

Could someone try direct connecting with 192.168.0.187:5121 please
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:25 am

FINALLY *sighs* okay. It should be up AND working correctly
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:37 am

Been having a wierd bug lately, I don't know if you've seen it Tree, but there are several witnesses...

At random times, (Haven't figured out what's caused it yet) the server will just....stop working, scripted items, magic, potions, NPCs, even the bonus XP and random loot generators just....stop. There's nothing anyone can do, transitions don't work, as of right now (roughly 8:40 PM CST) I'm sitting in the Timeless Halls, stuck because the Guardian won't talk to me. (Stuck up *unintelligible*)
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:43 am

This is a known phenomenon. Tree thinks it might be caused by her wireless router; some sort of terminal-lag cascade perhaps caused by too many people on her home network. Either way, it doesn't get better till she has a chance to reset the server.
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 am

I noticed that, which is why I'm sitting here brushing up on my Lore. =P
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 pm

lol worse it doesn't help that I sleep part of the day away. I can que the server to reset if everyone logs off, BUT 1/2 the time the server will glitch when that happens and not reload 1. the correct version of the module or 2. it will not load with a module AT ALL. Let me see if i can fix the DMs reload module tool to work as it should. Perhaps then at least, one of the dms or quest leaders can reset the module when needed. I still haven't found the reason for the overload.
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:13 pm

It is overly weird, but the DM reset tool would make it extremely useful, and perhaps add a lever in OOC behind a locked door (Requiring a key) And give the key out to people you trust) so if no DM is on someone with the key can hop on and reset it if it needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:53 am

Would certainly be somewhat of a fix..
I've a sneaking suspicion that it's got something to do with Direct Connect, though! It only seems to happen when people attempt that.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:12 am

9:10 P.M. EST. Server broken. Usual symptoms.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 am

Fehrin wrote:
It is overly weird, but the DM reset tool would make it extremely useful, and perhaps add a lever in OOC behind a locked door (Requiring a key) And give the key out to people you trust) so if no DM is on someone with the key can hop on and reset it if it needs to be done.

How would they get to the area? Not to mention that the script to reset the server wouldn't work for the DM tools, because items don't work. DM's wouldn't be able to initiate a conversation with the tool, either.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 am

Damnit! And I bet you it was me. I wanted to get a keep a copy of the conversation I was having with Fehrin so I used my quick login - which uses direct-connect. Ten minutes later and thing falls over.

As for a DM or player getting to such a device, you may have noticed that the server doesn't fail all at once. It's more what I like to refer to as a cascade of failures. Tree seems to think it's a result of ever-increasing lag. A player or DM would just have to be aware of what was going on and be prepared to push the lever or pull the button before it became too late to reverse the meltdown.

Just think of yourselves as Riply changing her mind about blowing up the Nostromo and you'll get the idea.

Hopefully you/we will be more successful however. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server having probs?   Server having probs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server having probs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next