The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two ideas from my modest person

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aasimar

Two ideas from my modest person Empty
PostSubject: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:27 am

Frirst one would be such:

Some Mercenaries to hire, like: Cleric, Fighter and Rogue(for gold ofcourse ;p).
They might be able to help new people untill more players would come, it's pretty hard to play mage alone.

Second idea - make forum's activation automatic. :] i think that i don't need to explain why. If you're affraid of bots you can put some questions i think, that are needed to be filled.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:02 am

Smile I'm going to try out user driven activation. Where the user can register to be a member and follow a link to activate themselves.. but the general topics can be view by visitors. I can't seem to find a way to initiate questions for autoactivation. And unfortunately I'll have to let Rash play with that if we can get it working.

*shudders* at the idea of adding henchmen back. I can change a scroll I think to temporarily allow the "summoning" of a new creature "fighter" I think? Henchmen, animal companions, summons and familars will all have the same NWN problems though. But i'll try my best. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:29 am

If I can toss in some advice however; stay out of the Chetwood caves untill you are higher than 2nd level. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:01 pm

yeah.. maybe a warning sign.. or a locked door that you have to actually pick the lock on.. maybe make it a high enough DC that you would have to be a higher lvl to beat it (if you have lock picking skills) which would make sense since it is sort of a bandit hideout.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Which would effectively exclude anyone (no matter what their level) from the place if they can't pick a lock. Not very fair.

Best idea might be a warning such as they had on TotSM that popped up as you went to enter an area.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Added a warning sign to the Bree cave area where the chetwood bandit cave enters.
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:46 am

Rashanka wrote:
Which would effectively exclude anyone (no matter what their level) from the place if they can't pick a lock. Not very fair.

Best idea might be a warning such as they had on TotSM that popped up as you went to enter an area.

Well it is afterall a sort of bandit hideout, so it would make sense for them to lock it.. also, it would encourage partying, i.e. make sure you bring someone along that can pick locks.
Back to top Go down
Aasimar

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:16 am

I think that you should add 3 kinds of henchmans, i mean one figher, one rogue and MAYBE one cleric(fighters support),
Figher - for wizards, classes with low hp, and
rogue for... classes without lockpicking. ;] Like there was Tom or that half orc in nwn campaign ;]

Or maybe just fighter and rogue, cause fighters, and close melee characters can easly use healing bags Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two ideas from my modest person   Two ideas from my modest person Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two ideas from my modest person
Page 1 of 1