The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update 2/17/10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Update 2/17/10 Empty
PostSubject: Update 2/17/10   Update 2/17/10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 am

1. Started to add in "new" Dunland areas for future 'Eye' beginning area. In order to accomplish this, I revamped several areas in and around Tharbad. These improvements will lead to new quests in Tharbad, Nin-in-Ephil (or Swanfleet Marsh), Dunland and some areas of the Misty Mountain Foothills. I have revamped the above listed areas and included two new areas: The Ruins of Ost-in-Edhil and the Dunland Plains. The transistions to these areas are in place. There are several "cave" entrances in the Dunland plains that are in place but go nowhere for the moment. I will keep you updated when we will have those areas open.

2. I have went thru EVERY treasure loot table in our server and updated/deleted anything that was +7 or greater. Most of the items should be below even that!

3. I have added in the bank and coin exchanges of Middle Earth. Smile I know I know... Tolkien never mentioned a bank, but for our gameplay it seemed more feasible to have some form of coin exchange in order to preserve gold since I'm forcing you to lose some of yours on death.

4. The death system is up and running with several improvements. You now suffer a great exp loss if you die above the level of 5 (200 exp per level) This penalty can be decreased if a kind samaritan hauls your wounded corpse back to a "healing cot". Of course you take no penalty if someone raises you with a scroll or spell.

5. I have removed the return chain from new players inventory. I have also removed most items that contain permanent haste on them. Only single wearer items should have haste on. This is to inflict the very real idea of distance on our landscape. And to make the use of horses more valuable.

6. I have fixed several bugs that pestered us including minor spelling adjustments to missing map points. Please continue to post any problems you encounter and I will get to these asap.

Last edited by TreeWalker on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new updates)
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Update 2/17/10 Empty
PostSubject: Reverted to CEP2.2   Update 2/17/10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 pm

We had a large problem on Feb 16 with just about every NWN function which caused me to revert back to a *shudders* much earlier version of the Edge. This version only had CEP 2.1 at the time and of course none of the updates that I mentioned in my post above. What this means is Tree is very cranky because she has been in the toolset for oh about 12 hours or more straight trying to get the server back up. It also means that until further notice, the Server is only upgraded to CEP 2.2

As of today, I have:

1. Re installed all of the above updates, although I might have a few random items still spawning somewhere I do NOT like.
2. I have adjusted the bandit quests to allow you to gain a reward for any number of scalps you turn in, of course for a smaller exp/gold reward.
3. I have updated the tanner quests to include a wide variety of animals and their hides from rats, bats to lions, tigers and bears oh my. Smile This quests requires the use of a skinning tool, which i'm sad to say is not equippable. At this point it is not big on my priority list to change this right now. Maybe later. Skinning animals does include the function of aquiring meat for cooking.
4. I have updated and fixed the brewing and juicing crafts. Hopefully they work without hitches now.
5. I have updated the cooking options and fixed the never disappearing cookpot problem.
6. I have updated the milking cow conversations to include a chance of failing.
7. I added in a farming for eggs conversation with certain chickens in the server. Again there is a chance to fail.
8. I have added a Roleplay reward item. This of course cannot be used on yourself. Since it is obviously an OOC tool, i've made the item as annoying obvious in your inventory as possible.
9. I have just started adding in exploration rewards. I found a rather fun script set that allows not only the ability to gain a reward from exploring a specific area, but also includes the ability to either hide/reveal or save map points in the area you find. It also allowed for journel entries of the area with the option of a description. I see a lot of potential for this. Happy Hunting. Smile
10. I am looking into the most advanced version of Milambers Tailoring scripts and models. This would be in addition to the present crafting mode we have in place at this time. I'm thinking of just set this up in a central area such as Tharbard and making it simply cost more to use. If i'm reading this correctly, cloaks are the only items that is NOT tailorable?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Update 2/17/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 2/17/10   Update 2/17/10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:27 am

Quote :
3. I have updated the tanner quests to include a wide variety of animals and their hides from rats, bats to lions, tigers and bears oh my.
So, how much do we get for the skin of a flying monkey? bounce
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Update 2/17/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 2/17/10   Update 2/17/10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Hahaha.. I guess i'll have to include that under "magical beasties" Be careful my dearest.. the new CEP animals do include monkeys. I'm sure I could make at least some of them fly.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Update 2/17/10 Empty
PostSubject: 3/1/10 updated   Update 2/17/10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 am

Okey... Tree has had a not so interesting week *sighs*

So anywho, onto the updates:

1. Rearrange the Breelands to make the map accurate with Tolkien. Coomb is now in the Chetwoods to the northeast of Bree as it should be. There are only two roads in Bree as it should be. The crossroads of the north south road and the Great East rd is outside the west gate of Bree. As it should be.

2. I've added in a Crypt to the Dunland Camp. Fixed numerous loading screen problems with various newer tiled areas. Hopefully this will prevent some of those pesky visual crashes folks were having.

3. I've removed the stable maps for traveling and replaced them with one big World map. Mind you, there are a LOT of map points to see on this map, but only the Flags are stables. At this time, there are only about 15 destinations you can reach by stable. I will be adding in more, and I'm happy for some suggestions of which you think need in asap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Update 2/17/10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update 2/17/10   Update 2/17/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update 2/17/10
Page 1 of 1