The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tharbad Saving Tren

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Tharbad Saving Tren Empty
PostSubject: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:18 am

Okey. I think i've fixed both the weeping woman AND captian Jond's conversations to work correctly. Smile Someone please test it.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Ran through the quest with both Mysh and Siobhan.
Step by step results:
1.) Nothing in the journal
2.) With Mysh (40th lvl), I received 5xp per kill, with Siobhan (14th lvl) I got the following:
Gang Thug Brute: 165 + 255 xp
Sawbones 143 xp
Marksman 176
Bouncer 132
Seductress 132
3.) The ladder that appears when you pull the rope has a label 'tw_ladder', but there's no description of the event. Perhaps something that describes the ladder being pulled down?
4.) Just a thought, but can you make the Tren item from a shield so he can go in the off-hand when you carry him? That way the player's hand is encumbered if they get in a fight.
5.) The Weeping Woman doesn't recognise you have Tren. Can't complete the mission because of it.
6.) You can go directly to Captain Cilo (as long as you have the notes) without handing the child back (obviously) therefore the conversation is a little off.
7.) For both Mysh & Sio I received 1500gp & 1000 xp
8.) Should probably hand the Smuggler's Report to the Captain too.
9.) Gerrick's Boots, can't be sold

That's about it. Treasure was relatively minor, but it's not too bad.

Last edited by Rashanka on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Auto-smilies are a pain)
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Thank you. I was wondering if something with the "tren" object is spelled incorretly, because she wouldn't recognize him before. What conversation line comes up when you return with Tren?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:55 pm

You only get the "Have you found my son?" line.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 pm

study Sometimes you just need a full nights rest and a good cup of caffiene. Doh. if you tell things its false if you h ave it, then it won't work! lol

Lets test it again.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:41 am

Sorry darlin', but there's still lots wrong with this quest.
1. I got the quest, went and found Tren and returned him to his mother. All good so far, I went and saw the father and he just said thanks, but there was no reference in the conversation to the notes I picked up from Gerrrick.
2. When I spoke to the mother again, Tren was standing beside her and her conversation was (something like) "Is there any sign of him?"
3. I spoke to Tren and his conversation was "Don't leave me" I ended up picking him up and handing him to his mother. I got 350 xp for it, so I did it again... and again... and again... You get the idea. Smile
4. The mother's conversation when she says to talk to her husband is "Are home is the first door behind me"
5. When I came back with a new character, The mother is wailing about Tren being kidnapped, but he's standing right beside her.
6. The pull-rope constantly produces ladders. I ended up with about 6 of the things.
7. Tren's portrait is 'sticky', probably because it's a plot item, so you can never get gid of it; even after returning the boy.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Excellent. Actually everything you described I can see a reason for.

1. The Gerrick portion of the quest is so Old I don't remember what the original reason for the notes and report are. Lets think of a proper response for the Captain? Maybe we can "hunt" for this Onruk .. an Orc maybe in the outskirts of Hollan or Dunland?

2. I wanted Tren to stick around longer and thus placed him in a "wait" mode. I'll decrease the wait time. I guess I'll also have to update his conversation if he is "found". *smacks head on desk* Of course I didn't think of that before hand. Smile
3. fixing 2 will fix this.
4. Gotta love my spelling errors. (noted and will correct)
5. fixing 2 will solve this as well. I'll get this sorted in the morning.
6. Interesting about the pull rope? The ladders are also timed to stick around for a short time. Sounds like my engine is going too slow. That will end up lagging.
7. You know? I don't believe I ever ask anyone to remove Tren's portrait? We really should give it back to him Mum. Smile

You know? We could make this a once a server quest. I could just leave Tren by his mom and change his conversation to reflect?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Can we somehow link it back to the notes found in the Old Mill? That storyline also seems to just... disappear.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh now there is a good thought. Maybe something to tie into "sharkey" And make folks wander all the way into the Shire again. I want to open up that mill in hobbiton for a confrontation type quest with corrupt hobbits. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Well someone had to supply that Longbottom Leaf to Sauromen Wink
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:11 pm

okay. Tren's mum should no longer keep whining for the boy if you have given him to her. She should THANK YOU. Smile And take his portrait back.

2. Tren should not stand by mom for more than 60 seconds. If he does... and you talk to him, he should THANK YOU.

3. The ladder should disappear after you use it.

4. Fixed the "Are house" spelling error lol.

5. still working on what to do with Dad. Will have to go thru Sharkey's Mill and then the Shire to work that quest over.

But lets test the rest of Tren's Quest please. One more time.
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:15 pm

Also, what about Gerrick's boots? they are also a "Plot item" which you cannot sell off . Do these go to someone as fulfillment of a quest?
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:16 pm

oops.. forgot about the boots. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 pm

I haven't tried to sell the Boots, but a couple of things are still not working.
Tren doesn't disappear, even if you leave the map and come back after 10 minutes
The multiple ladders still appear
Nothing about the note either. The conversation with the Captain is awkward at best and just ends.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Did you still see the multiple ladders when you came back down from the hidey hole .. or are you just standing under the the rope and yanking on it repeatedly. The script is very simple. Hahaha. If you use the ladder... it disappears. If you don't.. it stays right where it is until you do. If you pull the rope.. a ladder appears. I suppose i could make the rope disappear, but that would require another set of wp to fix the rope in place after a set amount of time. Rather just leave the darn thing dangling for the next player. lol.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:14 am

Ladder was gone when I came back down
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:55 pm

okay one more time. I just fixed Tren to disappear. I could work the ladder again, but hopefully we don't have too many folks who just stand underneath it and pull the rope Rolling Eyes
Mom should be glad Tren appears. (And he should) He should stand beside her until the conversations finishes, THEN run off. I've also set an interger on Tren himself if he is beside his mother to not respond with the "Frightened Tren" conversation should an annoying party member decide to talk to him while you are busy with mom. Smile Can TWO people test this?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:11 am

How about THREE people? "Me", Myself" & "I".

*grin* I'll have a look at it tonight darlin'.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Have we got a chance to look at this again?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Not yet. Couple of chores to do and then I'll see if I can get on it.
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 pm

well i have stayed up pretty late trying to catch Rashanka on, but i havent been able to catch her on the last few days Sad
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:58 pm

My hours have changed dear. I'm on from about 0530 to 0700 then from 1730 to 0000 local time. As I believe there's about 16hrs difference between us, that's about 1330 - 1500 and 0130 to 0800 for you. This is, of course, subject to Elf. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 am

lol is that my AM or PM? lol
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 am

BTW woot! a NEW MEMBER! i had to rub my eyes and look again!
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:24 am

*sighs*

1330 - 1500 is 1:30pm till 3pm and 0130 to 0800 is 1:30am to 8am

*wanders off muttering something about non-compis-tempis*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tharbad Saving Tren   Tharbad Saving Tren Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tharbad Saving Tren
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Edge of LotR :: Problems :: Bugs-