The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
famousscotsman

It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Server is back up and running, under role play.
If its not there direct connect through 94.195.18.77:5121
Sometimes its not showing on gamespy randomly hence try to direct connect.

Any problems let me know
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:28 pm

It's a little laggy for me, but that may just be my abysmal bandwidth & connection speed.
Great work Paul. bounce
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Diredt connect should reduce lag a bit, on both ends.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am

It is a bit laggy for me...but it is SOOOOOOO good to see it back up Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:45 am

Even on direct connect, i think it may be beause before the thes erver was in USAd, it snow in scotland with me.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 am

The Server is in Scotland?...hmm thought i'd get a much better connection then Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:00 pm

If anyone has major problems report them to me please, i have to restart there server atleast once a daya tm just to mkae sure it stays on game spy.
Any other problems?
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Sorry   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Small un expected downtime this morning where ISP went down and up randomly. Server is now back up.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 pm

The lag before was horrid. It got me killed a half-dozen times. I notice I can see the server in Gamespy now too. Smile
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Server down 3pm gmt 13/9
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:39 am

Yea this was my fault, i turned off auto restart on updates apart from windows. (IM a special).
And i was on back shift sorry guys
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 am

Aaaannd it's down again. 16/9 0445 GMT
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Server was down for maintenence new fan installed.
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Working on a problem at the moment sever software seems to be way over active and pushing my cpu temp quite high.
Working on it it but with no timescale.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Np i'll just sit here chewing my fingers to the bone till it returns Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
famousscotsman

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am

Unfortunatly server has had its ass handed it to by a series of unfortunate events;
The Following has happened
1. CPU temp running very high
2. PC doing large amount of resets because of the above
3. Power cut powering down the server while running scans/update
4. Above resulted in corrupt windows files and me raging for 3 days and shouting a workers in the middle of the road.
5. Working backshift/not being home as looking after mother in laws dogs = delayed repairs

What ive done to fix the problem so far + in process.
1 + 2 - 2 new fans installed new intake and exhaust fans. Hest sink reset using Artic Silver 5 ( Never again shall i use stock paste)
3 + 4 + 5 - New install of NWN will be done on thursday this week as i have a day off i will have the server running BUT it will be getting monitered closely over the weekend to make sure temps stay stable.

This means i have lost ALL characters from the server, i apologise for this and i am putting in place a weekly back up on characters when the server is stable.

Sorry guys but ill have the serve back ASAP
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:47 am

For what it's worth, anyone who comes & talks to me will get a level boost and a bucket of money for each of their characters that have been lost. Smile
I'm on most evenings sometime between 1800 & 0000 (+10 GMT)
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh bugger i have to remember what i had LOL.......
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:05 am

If I remember correctly, it was 3 or 4 characters, each around lvl 30. Question
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Any updates?..my fingernails cant take much more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Nothing yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Edge of LotR :: General Server Information :: Server Status-
Jump to: