The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temporary Test Module

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Temporary Test Module Empty
PostSubject: Temporary Test Module   Temporary Test Module Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:41 pm

For the next 24 hours I'm going to try an experiment to pin down our problem. I cannot find a reason for the slow down of scripts in the present module, just by process of error reports. Reverting to an older version of the Edge just seems to be creating similar problems. I can't tell at this point if its an error IN the module, an error IN my hardware system (ie processor, memory, video card, network access ect) or if its a problem with the modules external databases. So my plan is to run another module that is of the same basic size and complexity as the Edge, but with a fresh set of CEP scripts, a fresh database and a fresh server vault. THIS IS JUST a TEMPORARY TEST. Winter's Watch is a much older server I made before CEP 2.0 was even out. It is very basic, but more hardcore then the EDGE. It is low magic, but with the full UOAbigail crafting system. A lot of the intermediate areas are unpopulated and a few of the transitions do not work. PLEASE keep those limitations in mind if you volunteer to test in the server for the day. I need to know if lag continues to the eventual slow down of the server ... like we are seeing in the Edge. My though is that somehow our EDGE database is corrupted or overloaded. Ironically it is the same databases we have used since the version 20 LOTR was remodeled and updated. Unfortunately, I have 26 of those databases all named pretty much the same thing. If our problem is the databases, I will be forced to remove them and the server vault and start all of us over from the beginning. NOT a pleasant idea. So this test will be very important.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Test Module   Temporary Test Module Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 am

And PLEASE post to relevant topics!

There's a Topic in the Bugs forum for any WW problems you find.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Test Module   Temporary Test Module Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:39 pm

OOPs.. sorry about that, I moved the Edge's server vault and forgot to put it back. Smile its back. sorry. sorry sorry. Now i'm trying one more experiment before I decide to make us all start over....

Lagging occured at an increasing rate on WW for two reasons: 1. it has the full set of crafting systems which included a little over 35 tradeskills. All of these are data extensive. Hence the reason i haven't put the rest of them into the Edge. 2: I noticed this morning when i was reviewing the error and login logs that a new setting of errors was being recorded. This was also true for the Edge, but for I didn't notice it because the file limit size was always exceeding its requirement before I actually saw it in action. SOOOOOooo I turned of logging temporarily. I also turned off the automated nwn2 controls to see if THIS would improve the problem.

So again.. report any loss of script controls immediately please. I need to know if its still happening. Oh and I took a risk and deleted all but four of the databases. Cross your fingers I got the right ones. I will warn you that your Tradesskills have been reset.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Test Module   Temporary Test Module Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 am

I notice that what you've put up is an old version of the server (couldn't give you a number). This one is from before you put in the smooth slopes and the crossroads just West of Bree.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Test Module   Temporary Test Module Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 am

yeah. After logging into the Edge most of the afternoon, NONE of the script files would work for more than five or ten minutes. Again, I'm not sure what is causing it, but its getting worse. I put up the early version hoping it would be more stable. It isnt.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Test Module   Temporary Test Module Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Odd. Seems stable to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Test Module   Temporary Test Module Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temporary Test Module
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Edge of LotR :: General Server Information :: Server Status-
Jump to: