The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strange happenings..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kyre

kyre

Strange happenings.. Empty
PostSubject: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:25 am

Some strange things seem to be happening on the server....potions and items not working and after dying the angel thing that sends you back to middle earth wont talk to you
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:17 am

Several items failed to function correctly too; the Flint & Tinder and the Item Destroyer to name just two.

I have an idea about the cause, but I need to talk to Treewalker about it.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 am

is this still occuring?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:06 am

It was 9 hours ago darlin'.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Smile Sorry I need to be more distinct. I should have said "I've adjusted some of the on activation scripts in order to see if this helps fix the problem. Is the problems still occuring now." *shakes her head and smiles*
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:24 pm

When you said the other day that 'Death wasn't working properly', what did you mean?

Another player (Calduil Cystacia) & I were cruising through Chetwood when we both took 5 points of magical damage, he from a Gothalra orc and me from 'someone'. I didn't see who or what attacked me, nor did I get a chance to as I was suddenly standing in front of Manny, having been healed 42 points that I would have sworn I hadn't lost.

To summarise, I think death might be either on holiday, or getting a trifle too exuberant (or both).
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 am

Wierdness happening again...magic not working nor campfires..and not getting a respawn screen on death
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 am

Seems like it's happening again..campfires, quest givers and the guardians in the timeless halls all gone screwy
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:37 am

Does this seem to have improved? I've been working on another program that seems to be very resource heavy. It might be slowing data exchange.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:49 am

Happening again...spells,transitions etc etc not working
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Tree - I believe that the problem may involve Direct Connection. It generally seems to break when someone attempts a Direct Connection. I'd have to do some experimenting, but I've a suspicion that's what's causing it. I haven't seen this anywhere else. But when the death system was broken, Relogging was the only way to get up if you had no one with you. You can't send tells when you're dead, and Shout is generally discouraged. Anywho. I died, logged, and then direct connected. The server broke almost instantly. My experience with it wasn't -extensive- but I'm fairly certain that it MAY Have something to do with it. You may want to look into scripts involving that.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 am

lol then don't DO that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 am

Interesting observation.
I direct connect all the time, as a player and as DM. If you remember Tree, I had a theory that perhaps it was me logging in as DM that time that caused the server to start failing. On the other hand, I direct connect ALL the time and the number of times the server has not been affected far outnumbers the number of times it has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange happenings..   Strange happenings.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange happenings..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Edge of LotR :: Problems :: Bugs-
Jump to: