The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Game Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

General Game Rules Empty
PostSubject: General Game Rules   General Game Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Rules for General Play in Edge:

1. You cannot use the Shout Channel unless it is to announce a World Event. Generally, only the DMs will use this Channel. DO NOT use it to scream for a Party Invite.

2. Do not talk in Party Talk if you do not want the DMs to listen in. If you do use the Party channel, expect commentary on your spelling errors, grammatical techniques and general table manners. *chuckles* Wooden Spoon need not apply.

3. This is technically a Roleplaying server. If you are not in the Timeless halls please use OCC or // to indicate you are out of character when speaking. I do not punish folks for slips of the tongue. I DO reward good roleplaying randomly. I don't need a reason, the dms don't need a reason and GMs will notice and push it under my radar for further attention.

4. Arguing with a Game Monitor or one of the DM staff is not allowed. Period. If one of the staff makes a suggestion that you feel is unfair, you can send me(TreeWalker) a Personal Message on the forum or send me an email with an explanation of the circumstances and I will review it.
If you disobey this rule a GM or DM will take a screen shot of your conversation and forward it to me. Depending on the severity of the action, I(Tree-walker) or Rashanka (ktaal01) will either warn the PC of possibility of banning, ban the player's IP address or delete his character account from the Server.

5. You cannot attack members or NPCs of your own Faction. This includes any city wall, table, guard, livestock or citizen who is listed as a Commoner. ALL NPCs in Bree, Tharbad, Esgorath (Lake Town) and the Druedan Forest are commoners or merchants. If you do so the DM staff or myself will leave you at the mercy of the server until the next reset. It is scripted in to react badly to NPC abuse.

6. Muling or transfering of items from one PC to another is NOT AGAINST the server rules. Its not encouraged, but I and the staff have better things to do then wonder who is passing their gear back and forth. Keep in mind, you are doing so at your own risk. With that said, the DM staff will not replace any items lost during a transfer or lost in battle due to Disarm or ANY game mechanic. That is just the way it is.

7. True Seeing is not allowed on any items in game. You may use trueseeing if you are a spellcaster capable of casting it. Period. If you find an item with true seeing and do not turn it into the trash fairy at your first possible opportunity... OR if you are caught wearing it, I or Rashanka will remove your entire inventory. If you do find an item drop with True Seeing, please note its name and where you found it. I have over 10,000 items in game that are either a permanent part of the toolset or on random placed NPCs over 363 areas in our server. I tried very hard to comb thru every possible place, but I'm getting too old to squint that long without it causing mental damage. Arrow

8. Bugs or any Game exploits are not allowed and should be reported ASAP. A "bug" is defined as any aspect of the game that gives a player an unintential advantage over the design of the server's mechanisms which grants the player an unfair advantage in overall game play. Generally speaking, if its "too good to be true" it probably is. Don't continue with the behavior. If you find a bug or exploit, please report it to the dm and DO NOT repeat the action without the direction of a staff member. Bug reports are generally rewarded.

Thank you
TreeWalker
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

General Game Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Game Rules   General Game Rules Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 am

As a suggestion, if something needs to be reported, and there are no DMs about, find a scribe (there are a several scattered through the server) and post a note to Tree.

Tree dear, you might want to think about adding a few more scribes at strategic locations.
Back to top Go down

General Game Rules
Page 1 of 1