The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minor Annoyances

Go down 
+2
Ranger of the Pubs
TreeWalker
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:13 pm

cyclops Feel free to note for me any and all nitpicky stuff you deem needs correcting. These are things like: spelling errors, incorrect LOTR references and objects that seem to be hanging in the air. No need to make a separate topic.. we can just keep a long ongoing log right here at the top of the Troubleshooting Forum.
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Major problem...   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 am

ok.. i tried to login to ANY server today and found somehow that suddenly my "CD key is Unauthorized" wth???? no idea what's going on.. I purchased each and every one of the NWN cds in order one at a time beginning over 6 years ago.. no idea what is going on.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:53 am

Is it saying "your cd key is in use?" If so, I had this issue a while back. *tries to remember what she did* I think I had to just reboot my computer and internet?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:46 am

lol!

Really darling? You rebooted the internet?

*ducks*
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm

lol Quote from Braveheart "Its MY island"
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm

ok lol well nevermind. Apparently the problem was a GameSpy problem. lol soon after my problem, i went to the chat area and EVERYONE was crying lol. It was very funny.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 am

*laugh* Actually darling, I think the character was supposed to be the Prince of Ireland, so what he was actually saying was "It's MY Ireland!"
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:40 am

Rashanka wrote:
*laugh* Actually darling, I think the character was supposed to be the Prince of Ireland, so what he was actually saying was "It's MY Ireland!"

Point being is he was nuts.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 am

Yes, he was nuts. He was also right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:57 am

Oh gods quoting Braveheart....bad bad bad
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:02 am

Anywho... back to topic.

There's an inconsistency when skinning the Worg in the Chetwood Bandit Caves.
The body stays when you kill it, as normal. When you attempt (& succeed) to skin it, though you get all the standard messages (You carefully skin the creature collecting 1 pelt. You also collect 1 portion of meat) nothing appears in your inventory. I thought this was a complete mistake, until I noticed that under the mess left behind by the skinning process there was a 'remains' placeable. Clicking on that I found a large pelt, a large bone and portion of Worg meat. These items should perhaps be placed straight into the PC's inventory.

The Black Bear sometimes found West of Bree behaves in a similar fashion, but there's no pelt included in the 'remains' just a chunk of bear meat (and there might have been a bone; I forget).

The Brown Bear in the Chetwood foreest doesn't let you skin it at all.

In addition, the Worgs on the Greenway, South of Bree, can't be skinned at all. They just vanish leaving no remains.

Last edited by Rashanka on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found the Greenway Worgs)
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Smile there are too many worgs/wargs/ridden wargs/worgs in game! I'll have to go thru the creatures and fix them with the skinning script. I think some of the animals aren't the correct res ref so their drops aren't going directly into your inventory. The Bears should though, else you wouldn't get the messages? I'll look at it again.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 am

Now that is really weird? I don't have any worgs in the south of bree anymore.. just wolves? oops nevermind. I found them.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:54 am

Okay the skinnable animals should work as I wish now? Please check?
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Okay, I am so confused now on what I have fixed, reverted back to, refixed .... I'm not sure anymore what is broken and what isn't! *laughs and mutters about ripping things out piecemeal*
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:19 am

Darlin', you need to keep a version diary. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 am

Can see it now.

*wake up, yawn, open diary*

Today, April 19th, I shall update the server to v2.7! And it shall be a HOLY DAY!

*close diary*
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 am

No dear.

*wake up, yawn & notice the server is running Space Invaders - upside down*

"Oh no! I'm going to have to roll the server back to yesterday's version and reapply all the changes I made"

*open diary*

"let's see... in the 1-hour & 45 minutes I spent working in the toolset yesterday, I updated the following:

• Fixed the death script
  • Rejigged the encounter system followed by updating all the merchant's inventories
  • Realised that the new inventories conflicted with the random treasure system so re-wrote the entire random drop greneration code
  • Added 15 new areas so awsomely beautiful that it brings tears to the eyes of the players and 23 new quests so mind-bogglingly clever that, if performed in order, they will take a character from 2nd lvl to 40th in a single session."

*looks at pencilled note in corner of page*

"Oh and apparently I added crafting to bootlaces... Gods! I hope I can remember how I did that bootlace-thingy"
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 am

Ahh......the bootlace crafting, the ultimate crafting option. Well done Tree, Well done.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:25 am

Laughing But now she can't remember how she did it!
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:35 am

Rashanka wrote:
*open diary*

"let's see... in the 1-hour & 45 minutes I spent working in the toolset yesterday, I updated the following:

• Fixed the death script
  • Rejigged the encounter system followed by updating all the merchant's inventories
  • Realised that the new inventories conflicted with the random treasure system so re-wrote the entire random drop greneration code
  • Added 15 new areas so awsomely beautiful that it brings tears to the eyes of the players and 23 new quests so mind-bogglingly clever that, if performed in order, they will take a character from 2nd lvl to 40th in a single session."

*looks at pencilled note in corner of page*

"Oh and apparently I added crafting to bootlaces... Gods! I hope I can remember how I did that bootlace-thingy"

All in an hour and 45 minutes. Tree clearly has skill far beyond any mortal comprehension.
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:44 am

Well of course, she walks through trees. /d'oh.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:49 am

Through, or with?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 am

*laugh* With trees, on water.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm

lol damn I'm so good I wasn't even involved in the conversation! Hahaha. Bootlace thingy. Yeppers.. she indeed knows me too well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minor Annoyances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minor Annoyances   Minor Annoyances Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minor Annoyances
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Edge of LotR :: Problems :: Troubleshooting-
Jump to: