The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with Quests

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rashanka

Rashanka

Problems with Quests Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Login name: ktaal01
PC name: Siobhan Naismith
Class/Race: Paladin/Human
When you give Faramir the report he was waiting for, he makes a comment about a 'Next Mission', but there isn't one. Also, though the reward for retrieving the report is the key to get into the Ranger Waystation, there's no point because there's no store there to access.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: store.   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:58 pm

We need to think up more missions for Farimar. cyclops *cracks the whip* get on IT. As for the store, EVERYTHING in it was beyond +6. I'm going to remake it that area into another hospital/inn. As for a reward? Suggestions? Hahaha. How about a metal of honor with some sort of one use only item?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Rewards   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:38 am

Well, they have the key, so when the store is fixed they can come back. For the moment, how 'bout the reward is an item, like the Ranger Captain's mission rewards, just make it commesurate with the level of the PC. btw. I sneaked the whole way through the quest, pick-pocketed the key, got all the way in and out without drawing a weapon.

Gee I love Mysh'!' cheers
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Smile Aint it nice that shadow dancers are in existance on the Edge.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Very Happy Yes it is m'darlin'. Yes it is! I love you
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Mr Tanner   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Ok darlin', got some bad news (and it's not my singing, though that might be said to be reason enough to be called 'bad news')

While we're on a musical theme...with apologies to Charlene & please, pardon the paraphrase Wink

I've been to Bree and I've been to the Dunland camps.
Oh, antwhere I could run,
I've killed Wolves and Cougars and even managed to skin a few,
but I've never been to a Tanner who will recognise an "Animal Hide".

I think they might still be set to look for "Cougar Hide" or "Wolf Hide" or whatever they originally looked for.

B&F
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:45 pm

not bad news. I know the small animal hides work. It is dropping "Animal Hides" not wolf hides or cougar hides. Those will NOT work. I though I took the cougar hides out? I still need take those out. I'll look at the resref for the animal hides. I probably have a dyslexia problem in the spelling. I do that LOL. Are the chickens working?

Okay I've fixed the problem. I was correct. I had the resrefs in instead of the tags for checking the items and rewarding for them. All fixed, but a check wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by TreeWalker on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated)
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:38 am

Okay, I'll check the Tanner's again.

What do I need to test with those chickens and where?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:02 am

No, cougars and wolves become "Animal Hide" when you successfully skin them, they don't drop anything.

And the chickens won't let me near them. They act all 'skiddish'.
(btw. It's spelt with 't's, not 'd's. "skittish"... unless you're referring to the way they turn corners when they're in a hurry)
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Hahaha. Remind me to spank you later! Skiddish *snorts* First of you have to have at least a point in AE to get their attention. I'll fix the typo later.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:58 pm

*laugh* Ah, well. That explains a lot, as I have absolutely none of THAT. Animal or otherwise. rabbit
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:14 am

Is this working as expected? Are the animal hides being removed?
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 am

Sorry darlin, I'm unable to test this as none of my characters has the AE skill. Still, I was planning on starting a Ranger character to just be a Hunter/Gatherer, so I'll just advance my plans.

Will get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 pm

The Chieftain in Combe is still saying the Troll cave is "West of the Brandywine". Obviously, that's no-longer the case.

Hope you left the rowboat under the tree in the old map. That was cool.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm

i did. I left the old map alone for now except for the cave entrance. I'll be putting something new in there soon.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Okay my dear, I think I've adjusted this conversation and journel to be more informative. Also changed the transition in the chetwood and the smooth transition between the chetwood and coomb.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Garbags' Quest   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:15 am

Went had a chat to this charming fellow in Cirith Ungol yesterday with Loanne. The irritating fellow first would consider letting me look at his inventory unless I brought him the Sneaky Forest Human's head. When I did that, he still wouldn't let me look. I would have to say from his conversation, that he didn't recognise that I had it on me.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:39 pm

sighs*. Need to change that quest all around don't I. Can't be decapitating Farirmir every chance we get lol. I'll look at it after I drag Row to karate. Or does she drag me to karate?
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:10 am

I readjusted the Weeping Woman's quest ONCE more to see if i can get Tren to disappear after rescuing him. See if this is better please. Still thinking about what to do with Ciroth Ungol and Farimir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Quests   Problems with Quests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Quests
Page 1 of 1