The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

area transition problems.

Go down 
+3
Rashanka
TreeWalker
Ranger of the Pubs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

area transition problems. Empty
PostSubject: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 am

ok.. today 3 players all got stuck in the area transition leading from Tharbad into Nin-in-Eliph today. Not sure why this is happening.. but its not good.
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:50 am

and for once its NOT me. I really enjoy these new areas and I had a GREAT time exploring the new Dunlander camp today.. it looks AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:30 am

is it just happening leaving Tharbad or trying to enter Tharbad or both?
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 pm

hmm i dont know.. I have only seen it from players leaving Tharbad toward Swanfleet. I wonder if its a CEP related issue? or perhaps a tileset issue? not sure.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 am

I think it might be an unfortunate arrangement of artifacts. PCs transitioning onto the top (or into the middle) of things.

I had to pull a player out of the middle of a bush in Hobbiton last night, on the southern banks of the river.

Funny though; it didn't look like a briar patch. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:49 am

lol now I'm stuck currently IG. lol I am stuck on the load screen trying to load the World Map out of the stable in Bree.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 am

Sighs* I'm going to try a build again and see if the tilesets are a problem
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:19 am

how often is there a reset of the mod btw?
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:16 pm

whenever I think of it? lol Or very frequently if I'm adding in material. I've had a hell of week though so I honestly havent' been in the toolset since monday.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:39 am

I've adjusted the loading screens for the Tharbad exit into the SwanFlet. See if this is better?
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 am

The Last Bridge and Beorning stable transitions in the world map dont seem to be working
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Smile thank you. I'll look at it when I get home from work. And I think I need to readjust the swanflet exit again. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Edoras as well....seem to be blocked from getting to the stable flag in the world map
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:48 am

Last Bridge and Beorn Valley are fixed now. I've also fixed the door AGAIN into the swanfleet. And I am not sure what you mean by the edoras stable? You can't get into the stable?
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 am

Not from the world map...and if you go through the trans from edoras you cant move away from the flag...you seem to be blocked in like the Swanfleet gate
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 am

And to add further to your woes my dear, there's what appears to be a lake in the NW corner of the Ford of Bruinen map. It is very easy to get fouled up on the edge of that (and consequently unable to move) as you transition in from the west if you are not travelling on the road.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Okay, I moved the wp farther away from the wall in the World Map around Edoras AND I adjusted part of the landscape around the borders of that entire area so hopefully you don't get caught on the wrong side of the mountains. Smile I also adjusted the waypoint in Edoras proper to be farther from the haystacks, just in case. Smile
I shortened the "lake" in Ford of Bruin area so less people drown.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Troll cave exit   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 am

The exit from the Chetwood Troll Cave lands you back at the entrance to the old cave, West of Bree.
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:39 pm

The server exit leads you to Montana, and nobody wants to go there.
Back to top Go down
Hermes457

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 pm

As soon as the char enters there is no trans back outside, so char is stuck inside, unless there is another way out that I'm not aware of.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Quote :
The server exit leads you to Montana, and nobody wants to go there.

Actually there is damn good fishing in Montana. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Who here likes to fish, show of hands. *waits for the 0 to show up* Also, it's a random bug but sometimes the transition west from Coldfell Foothills leads you to the Eastern Coldfell foothills, and when you try to go back it takes you to the western foothills, almost like you skip the central altogether.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:14 pm

actually that isn't a bug. If you are in the middle of a square of connecting areas, it is possible to move diagonally across areas from their corners.
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 am

It wasn't diagonal moving, I went through one trans, came back through nearly the exact same spot I appeared at.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:18 am

Fehrin wrote:
Who here likes to fish, show of hands. *waits for the 0 to show up* Also, it's a random bug but sometimes the transition west from Coldfell Foothills leads you to the Eastern Coldfell foothills, and when you try to go back it takes you to the western foothills, almost like you skip the central altogether.

I actually rather enjoy fishing, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: area transition problems.   area transition problems. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

area transition problems.
Page 1 of 1