The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

roleplay concerning magick users?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

roleplay concerning magick users? Empty
PostSubject: roleplay concerning magick users?   roleplay concerning magick users? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:17 pm

personally i'd like to see player characters a bit more responsible with the use of magick and or familiars IG .

Middle Earth wasnt necessarily "low magick" but it you didnt see people walking around casting fireballs or having baby dragons flying around beside them.. lol...

I personally dont have a problem with someone playing a caster, but there are ways that one can be clever about it.. for example the player could try to roll a bluff or persuade roll against the other PC maybe to try and fool them that they werent seeing what they thought they were (within reason).

One player character actually did a good job RP-wise , when they had a Troll (whom they controlled) following them around helping them , in that when i seen them come upon a dwarf PC, the pc that controlled the Troll, quickly Rped that the Troll was chasing them.. good fast thinking! so then he took out a torch or something and RPed to try and chase the Troll off (and unsummoned it).

personally i'd like to see more of this style of RP than people walking around in Eriador with giant bugs and baby dragons following them around , casting magick missiles all over the place.

any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: roleplay concerning magick users?   roleplay concerning magick users? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:38 am

It'd probably be a good thing for Magic Users to try to practice. Personally, I don't think that they should have their Familiars out and about in public, or if they are, at least acting tamed. Perhaps if they did possess them, they'd follow along obediently, carrying some of his/her magick-ey stuff? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: roleplay concerning magick users?   roleplay concerning magick users? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:32 am

My familiar is a raven, I don't 'summon' it, I call for it and RP it flying down to land on my shoulder, it's a perfectly feasible solution, as to the summons....that was probably a good idea on his part, as casters we'll have to come up with our own ways of roleplaying.
Back to top Go down
-DM-Aule

-DM-Aule

PostSubject: Re: roleplay concerning magick users?   roleplay concerning magick users? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 am

I just simply dont summon mine (its actuallt her name: Mine)...
I act as if i didnt have one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: roleplay concerning magick users?   roleplay concerning magick users? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

roleplay concerning magick users?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Edge of LotR :: Lore :: Inhabitants-
Jump to: