The Edge of LotR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Edge of LotR

A place for players and DMs to talk about the NWN server 'The Edge of LotR'

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?

Go down 
+2
Rashanka
Ranger of the Pubs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Empty
PostSubject: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:08 am

a few ideas. How about on the Westmarch road or even further away a caravan of Elves who are headed for the Grey Havens to make their final journey, and they ask for your help because they have been attacked by orcs or something? Maybe if you help them reach the Grey Havens, perhaps Cirdan will give you something.

Also, i know me and Tree talked about it, but a quest for an ancient artifact on the isle of Balar would be a good one.
or (Tree's idea) perhaps a naval battle out at sea between the Falmari and the Corsairs?

just a couple ideas.
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:15 am

Also, maybe ya'll will disagree but.. it would be nice to figure out a way to make the Elvish areas not soo friendly and open to any non elf visitors.. Remember for example how Bilbo and co. were treated when they were discovered in Mirkwood by Thranduil's men? hehe

And maybe that could be something that could be added somehow to the potential "Westmarch" quest lol. Maybe some kind of item in your inventory that identifies you upon the completion as an "Elf -Friend". that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Rashanka

Rashanka

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:18 am

I like the idea of the 'Elf-friend' token, none of the Elvish clans were known for their general friendliness. You should have to earn their trust before they'll be more than civil.

Perhaps the merchant's reaction could be 'Neutral' at best and generally the people say little more than 'good day' if you don't possess such a token. After earning the token, the Elves greet you more cheerily, more quests open up and the merchant's reactions are 'Favourable' or at least better, depending on your Appraise roll?

Like wise we could do something similar for the Dwarves and even for the Orcs. Tree said she was planning to redo Erebor and we have been trying to come up with Evil quests for a while now... Not sure if I still have the list we started.
Back to top Go down
TreeWalker

TreeWalker

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:20 pm

I think of something to add to the appraise skill for the race oriented merchants.
Back to top Go down
Ranger of the Pubs

Ranger of the Pubs

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Rashanka wrote:
I like the idea of the 'Elf-friend' token, none of the Elvish clans were known for their general friendliness. You should have to earn their trust before they'll be more than civil.

Perhaps the merchant's reaction could be 'Neutral' at best and generally the people say little more than 'good day' if you don't possess such a token. After earning the token, the Elves greet you more cheerily, more quests open up and the merchant's reactions are 'Favourable' or at least better, depending on your Appraise roll?

Like wise we could do something similar for the Dwarves and even for the Orcs. Tree said she was planning to redo Erebor and we have been trying to come up with Evil quests for a while now... Not sure if I still have the list we started.

I played on an old LOTR server a long time ago and they elves were hostile to you when you went in certain areas even lol
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:30 am

That would work, actually. Having hostile elves to any non-elf PC/NPC? If you died in elven territory, you'd be teleported to an elvish jail, where you'd talk to their jailer, and explain your situation.
Should you have a token that identifies you as a friend of the Elves, you're given the good-to-go.
You might even have multiple levels of the trinket, available by your races city of choice.

Dwarves would have to go to one of the other cities. >.>

Humans could get one that might identify them as good people. But the Elves might see that as a "Yeaaaah, your parachute should open." kind of thing, and treat you in a general "meh" attitude.

Quote :

Something like that would be a workable thing if you had one of the other cities tokens. The Hobbits token would be similar to the humans.

An Elvish token would give you a cheery greeting, open more quests, give better prices, and more merchant availability, etc.
Perhaps the possession of ALL of the tokens could qualify you to server wide Free Alliance discounts, open up new quests, give you access to better merchants, new areas, etc? I dunno, but it might be something to consider, and definitely be something to open up a vast amount of new content for the Free Alliance.

Something on the side for Saurons forces might be a good idea as well, though I'm not quite sure how you might work that. I'll give it more thought, and post on what I come up with.
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:41 am

For Eye of Sauron members, have ever increasing ranks of 'Hand of Sauron' tokens or something, each new tier of the Hand of Sauron means you're recognized by more and more followers of Sauron as a direct servant or something.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 am

Indeed. Perhaps when the Sauron faction gets established, Sauron-ians can hire mercenaries based on their rank. After they reach a certain rank, they'll be able to hire...

I - Lowest teir.
II - Second lowest
III - Third Lowest
VI - Fourth Lowest
V - Middle
IV - Fourth Highest
IIV - Fifth Highest
IIIV - Fourth Highest
XIII - Third Highest
XII - Second Highest
XI - First

an XI, and an I, and so on. By the end of the ranking system achievable, they could have, say, 3 XI's, or something? Or maybe just have nine ranks, and yeah.
Back to top Go down
kyre

kyre

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Followers of the Eye dont hire!!...you do it or your fed to a Nazgul Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fehrin

Fehrin

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Moved the faction systems to a seperate topic.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Deepockent

Mister_Deepockent

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm just saying - A mercenary system for both sides would not only help lower people get going, but it'd also let their friends know that this is a cool place, and it's not one that's unfriendly to lower leveled players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?   suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

suggestion for a quest involving the Grey Havens?
Page 1 of 1